What Will I Learn While Earning my Online Associate Degree in Computer Science?
Depending on the school you choose, your online associate degree may focus mostly on computer science or incorporate computer technology and information systems as well. This degree provides entry level skills with courses designed for people who have limited knowledge of computers. Your classes may teach you:
Many jobs do require a bachelor's degree, but an associate degree in computer science plus relevant work experience may also appeal to employers. You can also increase your employment opportunities by earning additional certifications (like Cisco, Oracle, or Microsoft), most of which are offered online through private companies.
- Computer science
- Service and repair
- Data base maintenance
- Developing code
- Information management
- Maintaining and troubleshooting computer systems
- Operating software
- Systems analysis and design
- Wireless and personal communications
What Are the Benefits of Online Learning?
Online learning has many advantages over earning your associate degree at a traditional brick-and-mortar campus, including:
To get the most out of an online associate degree, you must be self-motivated, disciplined, and comfortable using a computer and the Internet.
- You attend classes from the comfort of your own home, and if you can't participate "live" a full transcript is generally available
- You can access your course material anytime you want
- It encourages student participation in classroom discussions, since that's the only way to prove your attendance
- Online institutions typically cost far less
- You can attend any school, anywhere in the world without relocating, even top tier universities
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer