What will I learn while earning an Accounting Associate Degree?
In our society's economy, there will always be a need for individuals who have an Accounting Associate Degree. An Accounting Associate Degree will provide you with a wide-range of knowledge that can be used to further your career and open up new opportunities. This education will include:
What type of careers will I be prepared for?
- Accounting. This includes skills relating to the accounting profession, recording of transactions, presenting accounting data, and exploring the role of accounting in business. These are the vital skills that you will need to succeed.
- Federal Taxes. This will involve an introduction to interpreting information on an individual federal tax basis. The basic concepts that are taught include exclusions, deductions, adjusted gross income, and credits.
- Microeconomics. The study of microeconomics will include examining the role of supply and demand, consumer behavior, and the applications of cost functions to maximize profits.
- Speech Communication. Communication is key when managing finances, and this material will help you in communicating and presenting your ideas.
- Spreadsheets. You'll likely need to use them every day with your future career in accounting, so it's important to have a complete understanding of them.
A degree program such as an Accounting Associate Degree will provide for many career opportunities. Whether you wish to use this degree to help individuals close to you, or go on to make a difference at a major business, there are a plethora of career opportunities. These opportunities may include:
- Accounting Assistant
- Auditing Clerk
- Budget Analyst
- Management Trainee
- Payroll Professional
- Tax Preparer
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer